PEI Business Women’s Association is seeking a professional and qualified team player as its Business Development and Membership Officer to build and strengthen PEIBWA membership and serve as an advisor to help members solve business-related problems. Working from the Charlottetown office, this is a 40 hour per week position, dependent upon funding through the Graduate Mentorship Program. Applicants must be unemployed, a recent post-secondary graduate within the last five years, legally authorized to work in Canada (Canadian citizen or permanent resident) and looking for full-time employment.
Reporting to the Executive Director, these are the responsibilities of this position:
- Assess PEIBWA’s membership base and develop a plan to build membership and satisfy their ongoing needs.
- Attend PEIBWA events and workshops to network with members and potential members -- including Camp Dynamo, the PEIBWA Spring Symposium, the AGM, workshops and networking mixers – and then follow up with prospective members.
- Develop and promote a series of member benefits with consistent marketing and branding.
- Promote better communication with members using the Wild Apricot customer relationship management system.
- Design and implement a Business Development Program to identify the challenges of business ownership and deliver customized solutions.
- Deliver Business Development services to PEIBWA members across the Island.
- Attend meetings and events when required.
- Maintain an effective, confidential and accountable filing system.
- Some travel throughout the province at times and extended hours of work will be required.
- Other duties as required by the Executive Director.
Formal Education/Training Required:
Degree in business administration or a relevant field of study from a recognized university. An MBA degree is preferred.
At least 3 years of increasingly more responsible experience managing a business.
Familiarity with the Wild Apricot customer relationship management system is preferred.
Qualified applicants should forward an electronic resume and cover letter to Margaret Magner, Executive Director, PEI Business Women’s Association HERE. For more information, send an email in confidence to firstname.lastname@example.org with “Business Development and Membership Officer” in the subject line.
DEADLINE FOR APPLICATIONS IS FRIDAY, MAY 10TH, 2019 at 2:00pm ADT.
Thank you to all that apply; however, only those that are selected for an interview will be contacted.Download job posting as a PDF.