PEI Business Women’s Association is seeking a professional and qualified team player as its Communications and Events Officer to produce the organization’s communications and events. Working from the Charlottetown office, this is a full-time position, salary to be determined based on experience and qualifications. Reporting to the Executive Director Margaret Magner, these are the responsibilities of this position:
- Plan and coordinate PEIBWA meetings and events, including the PEIBWA Spring Symposium, the PEIBWA AGM, workshops and mixers.
- Promote outreach, training and events through the PEIBWA newsletter, website, and social media communications, including Facebook, Twitter and Instagram.
- Provide insight on and implement the latest communication trends.
- Engagement of and outreach to membership through consistent marketing and branding.
- Coordinate media relations and prepare press releases.
- Develop marketing material and outreach for program delivery.
- Assess effectiveness and cost of communication activities.
- Support Executive Director with research and preparation of communications, reports, presentations and proposals.
- Effectively work with vendors and manage budgets.
- Recruit, train and oversee volunteers, and promote event protocol.
- Attend meetings and events when required.
- Maintain an effective, confidential and accountable filing system.
- Other duties as required by the Executive Director.
Formal Education/Training Required:
Degree or diploma in marketing and communications, business administration, or a relevant field of study from a recognized university or college.
At least 5 years of progressively more responsible experience in successful event management and marketing and communications.
Skills and Attributes:
- Ability to identify and respond to the business needs of PEIBWA members and grow membership.
- Ability to identify, analyze and resolve complex issues.
- Ability to work in a collaborative environment, take initiative, and represent the organization professionally.
- Ability to get along with supervisors and co-workers, respect the leadership of the organization, work harmoniously as part of a team, and deal effectively with situations that involve attitudes, opinions, and feelings of others.
- Media and public relations experience; understanding of social media marketing, platforms and strategies.
- Basic understanding of HTML and CSS.
- Facilitation and workshop skills, including experience sourcing, organizing and contracting presenters, driving customized content from needs assessment.
- Ability to communicate effectively both orally and in writing; essential computer skills for word processing, maintaining client records, preparing presentations and producing collateral material.
- Bilingualism (an asset).
This position will be based in the Charlottetown office, but the Officer will be expected to travel throughout the province as required. Extended hours of work may be required. Other duties may be assigned by the Executive Director.
Qualified applicants should forward a current resume and cover letter to Margaret Magner, Executive Director, PEI Business Women’s Association HERE. For more information, send an email in confidence to firstname.lastname@example.org with “Communications and Events Officer” in the subject line.
DEADLINE FOR APPLICATIONS IS MONDAY, JANUARY 6, 2020, AT 2:00 P.M.
Thank you to all that apply; however, only those that are selected for an interview will be contacted.