PEIBWA holds a number of events each month at locations across the province. These include: Lunch and Learns and business mixers. In addition, we hold an annual fundraiser.
highlights a number of our past events.
|Highlights for the Fiscal Year-End October 31, 2011|
• We presently have over 310 members
• PEI Business Women's Association with ACOA’s supports, held a Women in Business Symposium on November 2, 2010 with 180 people in attendance. The kick off session was Paula Morand speaking on “The Greatest Waste in the World is the Difference between What We Are and What We Can Become”. The wrap up session featured Dini Petty and her story – “Surviving Change”.
• 23 Lunch and Learns - Business skill training events
10 in Summerside, 9 in Charlottetown, 1 in Northport, 1 in Alberton and 2 in Montague.
• 1 Profit Learn - ½ day Business Training sessions
• 1 Information Session featuring Mary Anderson, Executive Director of WEConnect Canada on Supplier Diversity. The information session was co-hosted with the Center for Women in Business in Halifax and included an incoming Trade Delegation from India.
• Eight members generously hosted a monthly Business Mixer at their business.
• PEIBWA hosted our very successful Christmas Mixer at the beautiful Great George Hotel.
• For those not aware, PEI Business Women's Association is on Facebook and Twitter so please look us up and “Like” us or “Follow” us.
Regarding Fundraising for our Association
• The Business of Murder Fundraiser was held on October 29th. 115 people in amazing costumes attended this fun Spooktacular evening that raised $7,400.
• Business Counselling sessions continue to be popular with our members as well as other women in business.
PEI Business Women's Association would like to thank the Atlantic Canada Opportunities Agency (ACOA) for their continued support of the Association
|Business Of Murder - Successful FUN Fundraiser Oct 2011|
Thanks to all who came out and participated in the “Spooktacular” Business of Murder event held at the Stanley Bridge Country Resort on Oct 29th. Many of the 115 people attending the fundraising event opted to dress up in Halloween costumes. This together with Michael Jackson’s (Prestige Florist Studio, Summerside) amazing decorations set the stage perfectly for the fun evening of entertainment put on by the Eddie May Murder Mystery Dinner Theatre group. Congratulations to Jamie and Tracey Vander Kooi, dressed as Smurfs, the winners of the Best Dressed Costume prize.
A special thanks to Buffie Boily- Buffie Boily Photographic Art for donating her time to take the pictures.
Over $7,400 was raised and will assist with covering some of the ongoing operating expenses of PEI Business Women’s Association.
|2010 Women in Business Symposium |
The 2010 Women in Business Symposium was held on Tuesday November 2nd, 2010 at the Rodd Royalty in Charlottetown.
PEIBWA would like to thank all of the attendees who participated in this energetic and informative event. The day was filled with inspiration, learning and networking, and we know everyone left feeling invigorated and ready to take on new challenges!
Special thanks to our wonderful speakers, who made the day as entertaining as it was educational!
|2009 Women in Business Symposium|
The PEI Business Women's Association hosted the 9th Women in Business Symposium - Inspire, Innovate, Ignite on May 12th in Charlottetown.
The symposium opened May 12th with a keynote address by renowned speaker, Toni Newman of The Innovation Advantage entitled "Innovation as a Competitive Advantage."
The symposium continued with plenary and breakout sessions throughout the day on May 12th at the Delta Hotel. Highlights of the day included a luncheon with keynote address presented by CBC Journalist Wendy Mesley; morning breakout sessions by Louis-Phillipe Gauthier (Social Media Marketing), and a French Language session with Jeanette Arsenault (What Does Success Look Like); an afternoon breakout session on Time Management led by Colette Robicheau, and an afternoon plenary session led by Pete Luckett entitled "The Gift of Change - Embracing Challenge."
The evening continued with the first annual Women in Business Awards reception, in which three island business women were recognized for their outstanding achievements.
The event attracted business women from across the Island and assisted in helping them connect with others to learn skills and gain insight into how they can grow their business.
PEIBWA Board of Directors, Staff and Symposium Planning Committee members look forward to next year's event!