re you thinking about writing a book? Don't know where to start? Join Susan Rodgers, author of the Drifters books, a popular 15-book women's fiction series, for this beginner-level, 2-part workshop.
Susan will break down her process and make it easy for you to get started. During the second part of the workshop, she will build on the basics with tips to develop and improve your writing.
Attendance at both workshops is mandatory in order to participate.
June 16, 2020 3:00pm-4:00pm
Part 1: How to Get Started
- How to plot a novel
- Outlines and beat sheets
- Back stories
- Character studies and prep
- The importance of dialogue
- Tips on standard book lengths (per genre)
- Writing sprints, and how to make them work for you
June 17, 2020, 3:00pm-4:00pm
Part 2: Bring Your Writing to the Next Level
- Inspiration; where to find it
- Writing styles
- Exercises to help refine your writing
- Using the five senses to bring your pages to life
- Unique character voices
- Tips to make your dialogue sizzle
- What not to do; pitfalls and habits to avoid
Registration for this workship is limited to 12 participants on a first-come, first served basis.
Once you register to attend, the Zoom meeting link to join the session.
This webinar is open to PEIBWA members at no charge. Non-members are welcome to attend but a $25 registration fee (total for both sessions) will apply.