Are you interested in leading a dynamic organization dedicated to empowering and inspiring women entrepreneurs in Prince Edward Island? Prince Edward Island Business Women’s Association (PEIBWA) is searching for a CEO to lead the organization in its next chapter of growth and impact.
PEIBWA is a prominent network of women entrepreneurs and business professionals in Prince Edward Island, committed to educating, empowering, and inspiring women for success in the business landscape. As the exclusive women's business association in PEI with a comprehensive Island-wide mandate, PEIBWA holds significant influence. With a membership exceeding 400 women across different career stages, the organization offers advisory services, training programs, and developmental opportunities. PEIBWA cultivates connections among women in business, playing a vital role in facilitating growth and success.
As the CEO of PEIBWA, you will lead with purpose, directing the organization toward the vision set by the Board of Directors. Your role will be instrumental in managing programs and services, ensuring financial viability, and cultivating a positive and transparent working culture. Reporting directly to the Board, you will direct PEIBWA's long-term success.
- Oversee day-to-day operations of PEIBWA
- Act as a professional advisor to the Board of Directors, collaborating on strategic plans and priorities
- Present regular updates to the Board on the financial status and progress on key initiatives
- Develop and maintain relationships with members and businesses
- Promote awareness of the organization's mission through advocating and networking with communities and stakeholders
- Formulate and execute marketing and branding strategies to increase revenue from sponsors and government agencies
- Develop and implement a membership recruitment and retention strategy to meet annual targets
- Provide oversight to ensure program effectiveness, translating projects into timelines and deliverables
- Secure funding through fund development and grants
- Drive fundraising initiatives and sponsorships
- Ensure adherence to ethical guidelines and standards
- Establish and implement financial priorities that align with program objectives while ensuring effective use of funds
- Oversee project budgets and fiscal policy and regulation compliance
- Lead staff recruitment, retention, and performance management
- Master's degree in business or relevant field of study, combined with previous work experience reporting to or serving on a Board of Directors (relevant combination of education and experience will be considered)
- At least 5 years of progressive organizational leadership, with an understanding of not-for-profit organizations or NGO
- Experience with community relations and fund development
- Proven track record in strategic leadership, operational efficiency, and team development
- Experience in board governance and reporting, strategic planning, business planning, financial management, and revenue development
- Demonstrated skill in strategic financial and operational management and long-term planning
- Excellent communication skills, oral and written
- Ability to foster and lead a high-performing team and positive workplace culture
How to Apply:
If you are a strategic leader dedicated to advancing women's success in business, we welcome your application for the CEO position at PEIBWA. To apply, submit your resume and a cover letter detailing your pertinent experience and accomplishments through Indeed only. For any inquiries, please reach out to Jacqui at firstname.lastname@example.org with "CEO – PEIBWA" in the subject line. The application deadline is Monday, January 15, 2024.
The annual salary for this role ranges from $85,000 to $100,000, including a comprehensive benefits package.
While we value all applications, we will only contact those shortlisted for an interview.
PEIBWA is proud to be an equal-opportunity employer, encouraging applications from individuals of all backgrounds.
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
Salary: $85,000.00-$100,000.00 per year
- Company events
- Dental care
- Disability insurance
- Employee assistance program
- Extended health care
- Life insurance
- On-site parking
- Paid time off
- Vision care
- Master's Degree (preferred)
- Progressive Organizational Leadership: 5 years (preferred)
- Reporting to a Board of Directors: 5 years (preferred)
- Community Relations and Fund Devlopment: 4 years (preferred)
- board governance and reporting: 4 years (preferred)
- strategic financial and operational managment: 4 years (preferred)
Ability to Commute:
- Charlottetown, PE C1A 4A2 (required)
Ability to Relocate:
- Charlottetown, PE C1A 4A2: Relocate before starting work (required)
Work Location: In person