May 12, 2021 - PEIBWA would like to welcome the following PEI women-owned businesses forming the current cohort of the 12-week Accelerate HER PEI program:
Accelerate HER PEI is a 12-week funded program led by PEIBWA and the Atlantic Canadian Women in Growth Partnership. The program will be delivered from PEIBWA’s Rural Women’s Business Centre both in-person and virtually. This program will serve high-potential women business owners operating in PEI. There is no cost for individuals selected for the cohort to participate in the program.
Participants will benefit from free access to business support services customized to meet their individual needs. This includes weekly group meetings, one-on-one mentorship, peer support, and a pool of expertise with a variety of businesses and industry leaders.
This 12-week program involves both accelerator programming and one-on-one mentorship support to learn how to grow your business. Targeted for businesses in the early growth stage of development, and businesses who may find themselves taking a new direction.
Participants will be matched with a mentor in their field (or in a related field where they require additional resources) for individual support throughout. Programming will be delivered both in-person at the Rural Women’s Business Centre in Central Bedeque, PEI and online.
All women-owned, for-profit businesses (defined as being at least 51% owned by a woman or women), in any sector currently registered in Prince Edward Island that have been in continuous operation for at least one year (as of April 1, 2021) are invited to apply.
Preference may be given to underrepresented populations including but not limited to indigenous women and women of colour, Rural women business owners, women in trades and STEM disciplines, newcomers and women with disabilities.
● Dedicated workspace for the cohort on site at the Rural Women’s Business Centre in Central Bedeque
● Two hours per week of group learning (in-person/virtual), based at the Rural Women’s Business Centre
● Peer support and networking with other women business owners
● Weekly goal setting and follow-up with preparatory resources
● Pool of expert presenters to speak on a variety of business topics based on an intake assessment of participants
● One-on-One matchmaking with an experienced business owner/entrepreneur mentor
● Bi-weekly meetings with assigned mentor
● Access to business advisory support, program resources and materials
Project Start: May 10, 2021
Project End: July 28, 2021
The Accelerate HER PEI program will run for 12 consecutive weeks, beginning with a two-hour orientation session on May 10, 2021. Please review the time commitment schedule to ensure that you have the time to commit to this program.
● (1 hr) Interview selection session
● 12 (2 hr) Weekly accelerator meetings in-person or virtual to include orientation, goal setting, expert presentations, peer support, and networking with cohort
● (3 hr) Supplementary 1-1 advisory with experts
● (1 hr) Bi-weekly one-on-one mentorship meetings with mentor (in person or virtual)
● (2 hr) Follow-up and program evaluation/feedback
The total dedicated time commitment per participant for group and one-on-one activities/meetings will be approximately 36 hours for this 12-week program.
For more information, please contact:
Shelley Jessop, Manager, Rural Women’s Business Centre
(902) 887-3171 / firstname.lastname@example.org
Rose FitzPatrick, PEI Project Coordinator, Atlantic Canadian Women in Growth Partnership
(902) 393-0306 / email@example.com
Funded by the Department of Economic Growth, Tourism and Culture through the Canada-PEI labour market agreements, this initiative, Transitioning Toward Growth, includes three programs targeted to support unemployed and underemployed women across the Island directly impacted by the COVID-19 pandemic transition into or back into the PEI labour market.