PEI Business Women’s Association
Business Development and Membership Officer
PEI Business Women’s Association is seeking a professional and qualified team player as its Business Development and Membership Officer. The Officer will design and coordinate a comprehensive business advisory program to better serve our PEIBWA members across the Island. The Officer will also build and strengthen PEIBWA membership in a variety of sectors including women in trades, technology, and STEM fields; students; newcomers; indigenous women, women with disabilities; and women in rural areas.
Reporting to the Executive Director, these are the responsibilities of this position:
- Assess PEIBWA’s membership base and develop a membership growth plan.
- Identify and respond to the business needs of PEIBWA members and grow membership.
- Attend meetings, events and workshops to network with members and potential members -- including the PEIBWA annual Symposium, the PEIBWA AGM, workshops and networking mixers – and then follow up with prospective members.
- Develop and promote a series of member benefits with consistent marketing and branding.
- Promote better communication with members using the Wild Apricot customer relationship management system.
- Design and implement a Business Development Advisory Program to identify the challenges of business ownership and management, and deliver customized solutions.
- Coordinate and deliver Business Advisory services to PEIBWA members across the Island related to business planning, financial management, sales and revenue growth, marketing, exporting, and other business functions.
- Collect and document business growth metrics and client notes from each participant for ongoing follow-up and client success tracking,
- Manage an effective, robust and accountable database system.
- Some travel throughout the province at times and extended hours of work will be required.
- Other duties as required by the Executive Director.
Formal Education and Experience:
- Degree in business administration or a relevant field of study from a recognized university. An MBA degree is an asset.
- At least 3 years of increasingly more responsible experience managing a business.
- Experience in entrepreneurship counselling.
- Experience in managing resources.
- Knowledge of the challenges experienced by women business owners and professionals, including those in underserved groups.
- Familiarity with the Wild Apricot customer relationship management system is preferred.
- Work in a self-directed environment, take initiative, and represent the organization professionally.
- Get along with supervisors and co-workers, respect the leadership of the organization, work harmoniously as part of a team, and deal effectively with situations that involve attitudes, opinions and feelings of others.
- Ability to communicate effectively both orally and in writing; essential computer skills for word processing, maintaining client records, preparing presentations, and producing handout materials.
- Bilingualism (an asset).
This position will be based in the Charlottetown office, but will coordinate the program across the province. The Officer will be expected to travel throughout the province at times and extended hours of work may be required. Other duties may be assigned by the Executive Director.
Qualified applicants should forward an electronic resume and cover letter to Margaret Magner, Executive Director, PEI Business Women’s Association HERE. For more information, send an email in confidence to firstname.lastname@example.org with “Business Development and Membership Officer” in the subject line.
DEADLINE FOR APPLICATIONS IS WEDNESDAY, APRIL 22, 2020.
Thank you to all that apply; however, only those that are selected for an interview will be contacted.