Part-time Office Administrator
PEI Business Women’s Association (PEIBWA) is seeking a professional and qualified team player as its part-time Office Administrator to conduct day-to-day office administrative duties, assist other PEIBWA staff members, and support special projects. This position is based at the PEIBWA Charlottetown office, 20 hours per week.
Reporting to the Executive Director, these are the responsibilities of this position:
Provide administrative support to the Executive Director, including assistance with regular reporting to funders and to the PEIBWA Board of Directors.
Support the accounting process as acting as a liaison between the organization and accounting services. Prepare and make all bank deposits.
Organize and participate in in-person or online team meetings.
Answer phones and check email, providing information in a professional manner and/or directing inquiries to the appropriate staff members.
Maintain and manage G Suite and other software programs as the organization’s Administrator.
Track upcoming community events and maintain a shared community events calendar to be referenced by all PEIBWA staff.
Maintain an effective, confidential, and accountable filing system.
Assist all staff in the planning, execution and administration of PEIBWA in-person and virtual events.
Assist the Business Development and Membership Officer in maintaining good communication with members using the Wild Apricot customer relationship management system.
Assist Communications & Engagement Officer with maintenance and analytics of social media channels.
Maintain the PEIBWA online lending library of resource materials and oversee the lending process to members.
Manage the booking & use of the PEIBWA boardroom.
Order office supplies and maintain inventory, including PEIBWA merchandise.
Other duties as required by the Executive Director.
Formal Education/Training Required:
- Office Administration training or equivalent work experience (minimum 3-5 years). Experience working with non-profit organizations, bookkeeping, and/or accounting experience would be considered an asset.
- A keen interest in supporting the needs of women in business. Motivated and eager to build upon their own knowledge through continuous learning.
- Excellent troubleshooting skills. A self-starter who can prioritize tasks and juggle multiple projects while meeting deadlines. Self-directed and comfortable working with minimal supervision.
- Intermediate to advanced skills in MS Office, particularly Word and Excel. Able to navigate online and utilize Dropbox and GSuite. Experience with or willingness to learn and use online team collaboration tools such as Slack, Google Teams, Sharepoint, etc.
- Knowledge of customer relationship management system; experience using Wild Apricot, in particular, would be an asset.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills with an eye for detail.
- Get along with supervisors and co-workers; respect the leadership of the organization; work harmoniously as part of a team; and deal effectively with situations that involve attitudes, opinions and feelings of others.
- Reliable and client-focused.
How to Apply
Qualified applicants should forward an electronic resume and cover letter to PEI Business Women’s Association at firstname.lastname@example.org with “Part-Time Office Administrator” in the subject line.
DEADLINE FOR APPLICATIONS IS FRIDAY, AUGUST 28TH AT 5:00 P.M.
Thank you to all that apply; however, only those that are selected for an interview will be contacted.