2. You will be asked to visit the PEIBWA office and sign a “Letter of Acceptance/Funding Agreement.” This must be completed within thirty (30) days of receiving your acceptance notification.
3. Successful applicants will receive 75% of the eligible expenses for the approved budget within 30 days of PEI Business Women’s Association receiving their Letter of Acceptance/Funding Agreement.
4. After the project is completed (as per applicants “suggested” completion date), you have 60 days to submit a “Completion Report” and related financial documentation to the PEI Business Women’s Association office. If you cannot submit your Completion Report within this timeframe, you must inform the Executive Director prior to the deadline to request an extension. Failure to do so could result in forfeit of final payments and could jeopardize future funding.
5. The remaining 25% of the grant will be paid out within 30 days of the Completion Report and financial documentation being submitted and approved by the PEI Business Women’s Association office.
6. Successful applicants will be invited to do a short presentation on the project at the PEIBWA AGM in February 2020.
You will be notified by PEIBWA by email, and will be offered feedback, if available, on your application. Unsuccessful applicants may resubmit eligible projects at the next grant deadline.
Who can apply?
The grant is open for application to PEIBWA members in good standing who are residents of PEI. This includes members who are students, small business, and business categories. You do not need to have a business already up and running. If you are at the idea stage, you are welcome to apply as well.
Non-profit organizations, community organizations, and municipalities are not eligible. Annual memberships start at $25 for students, and membership fees can be claimed as an expense in your application if required.
How do I apply?
All applicants must submit a proposal through the online application form. You will need to provide the following:
Applicants will receive an email confirmation that their application has been received. Applicants will be advised by email by July 15, 2019, on whether they are successful or not in this round.
Who is reviewing the applications?
A Selection Committee will review your submission. Members are selected based on industry experience and knowledge. Your application and the supporting materials should provide them with all of the information they need to know about you and your proposal.
Where does the grant fund come from?
The grant funds are generated through fundraising activities coordinated by PEIBWA, and may also include donations from private individuals or businesses. There is no government involvement, oversight, or funding for this program. If you are interested in supporting this funding program, we would be pleased to accept donations specifically for the fund, which can increase the number of grants we can allocate and the long-term sustainability of the program. Please contact us at email@example.com to discuss. Please note that PEIBWA is a non-profit organization, but we are not a registered charity and so cannot issue charitable donation tax receipts.
Examples of eligible activity under this program include but are not limited to:
Business registration fees
All applications will remain confidential and on file at PEIBWA for future reference and data analysis purposes. The information provided will not be shared with any external parties without your permission.
For further questions, you may contact the PEI Business Women’s Association office at any time at 902-892-6040 or via email at firstname.lastname@example.org.